S.T.A.R. – Student Trust Artists in Residence
Student Trust Artist in Residence scholarship program extends complimentary tickets to Pittsburgh Dance Council performances and accompanied masterclasses to qualified student dancers.
By providing tickets and masterclasses, the dancer will:
- Gain exposure to a wide variety of dance forms from across the globe
- Be given the opportunity to learn from world-renowned dancers and choreographers in an intimate environment
- Attend a performance they may not have otherwise been able to attend due to financial limitations
Through this program, The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust will also:
- Help cultivate and educate a new generation of dancers
- Increase visibility of the dance scene in Pittsburgh
HOW TO APPLY
Education and Community Outreach will send out a “call for applications” to local dance studios and high school dance programs. In late summer, Trust staff will select a given amount of students to participate in the program. Student will be required to submit an application form which will highlight their experience and motivations. Student will be required to submit a 2-page essay at the end of the season detailing what they gained from the experience.