About the Trust
The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust has transformed a downtrodden section of Downtown into a world-class Cultural District that stands as a national model of urban revitalization through the arts. The best of touring Broadway, contemporary dance, family events and cutting-edge visual arts are among the variety of arts and entertainment the Trust presents and exhibits. Hundreds of artists, thousands of students, and millions of people expand their horizons in our theaters, galleries, and public art environments.
For over two decades, the Trust has led the cultural and economic development of Pittsburgh’s Cultural District by:
- presenting high-quality performing arts events and visual arts exhibitions
- providing comprehensive education and community engagement opportunities
- supporting and collaborating with Cultural District resident companies and hundreds of local arts organizations and artists
- maintaining superior venues for resident companies, community organizations and promoters
- attracting 2 million people to the Cultural District annually to over 2000 annual events and activities
- managing over 1 million square feet of real estate
- creating and curating public art parks and gallery spaces
- and by cultivating the city’s largest arts neighborhood
Lauded as “the single greatest creative force in Pittsburgh because of its spirit of reinvention” by the Pittsburgh Post Gazette, the Trust is the catalyst behind Pittsburgh’s thriving Cultural District that continues to enrich the region’s vibrancy and prosperity.