Carnegie Mellon School of Music Centennial Concerts
For 100 years the sweet sounds of music have been emanating from the Carnegie Mellon School of Music and tickets are now on sale for an extraordinary concert at the Benedum Center on Saturday, March 31, 2012.
This concert will showcase School of Music alumni, students, and guests. Joining these featured performers will be 200 current students in the world-class Carnegie Mellon Philharmonic, Repertory Chorus and Concert Choir under the direction of faculty members Ronald Zollman and Robert Page. Manu Narayan, screen actor/vocalist recently seen in the movie The Last Airbender, will be master of ceremonies.
The illustrious cast of featured performers includes:
- Brice Andrus, principal horn Atlanta Symphony Orchestra
- Jeffrey Behrens, tenor performed with The Metropolitan Opera
- Liam Bonner, baritone performed with The Metropolitan Opera
- William Caballero, principal horn Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra
- Dale Clevenger, principal horn Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- Graham Fenton, tenor Frankie Valli in the Las Vegas production of Jersey Boys
- Christiane Noll, soprano Tony Award nominee for Mother in Ragtime
- Peter Rubins, horn San Antonio Symphony
- Emma Steele, violin Sibelius International Violin Competition finalist & student of Cyrus Forough
- Lisa Vroman, soprano Theatre Critic's Award winner for Christine Daae in The Phantom of the Opera
- Howard Wall, horn New York Philharmonic
For more information on Centennial Celebration events, go to www.music.cmu.edu/centennial.
TICKET WILL-CALL ADVISORY: Due to demand, please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to showtime to retrieve tickets on hold for pick up at Benedum Will-Call. The Benedum Center Box Office opens at 5PM on Sat, March 31.