Time remaining to purchase tickets
The Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and welcoming to all patrons.
Sensory-friendly performances are scheduled occasionally.
Sensory-friendly performances at the Pittsburgh Symphony are inclusive experiences that are open to patrons of all ages and abilities and designed for individuals on the autism spectrum, those with sensory sensitivities, and others who would like to enjoy a concert in a relaxed environment. The symphony works closely with its Accessibility Advisory Committee and others in the Pittsburgh community to plan these experiences, where all patrons are welcome to come with family and friends and respond to the music in their own way!
Modifications to the concert experience that are typically available at sensory-friendly performances include:
- Online pre-visit materials, such as concert playlists, stories, picture schedules, tip sheets, and videos, that show patrons what they can expect to see and hear at Heinz Hall
- Training for ushers, volunteers, and musicians to help Heinz Hall staff cultivate an especially inclusive environment
- Relaxed rules in the concert hall so that all responses to the music—clapping, singing, vocalizing, moving, dancing, etc.—are welcome at any time
- Partially up house lights
- Free fidgets and earplugs
- A designated quiet space with relaxing activities and a live video feed of the onstage action for patrons who would like to take a break from the pre-concert activities (when available) or performance
- Slight mitigation of sudden, loud sounds
- A family restroom in the Regency Rooms
- When concessions are available, gluten and casein-free options
- For ticketed events, a modified refund policy that allows families to receive 100% of their money back if they purchase tickets and find they are unable to attend the day of the performance
If you have questions about sensory-friendly PNC Tiny Tots performances, please email email@example.com.
For questions about all other sensory-friendly performances, please ask your ticketing representative or call Heinz Hall at 412-392-4900.